Maria Yakos, MHS, CCC-SLP
Maria Yakos is the owner and Executive Director of Yakos Therapy. Maria is a bilingual speech-language pathologist fluent in Spanish and English. She was born in Matanzas, Cuba, and immigrated with her parents to the United States when she was three years old. She brings a wealth of life experience to her clinical practice as a dedicated and compassionate therapist.
She graduated from Eastern Illinois University with a degree in Psychology and continued her studies at Governors State University where she earned a Masters in Health Sciences in Communication Disorders. She has earned a Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech and Hearing Association (ASHA).
She has been recognized as:
- Member of theIllinois Speech Hearing Association (ISHA) Bilingual Speech-Language and Evidence Based Practice
- Member of The American Academy of Private Practice in Speech Pathology and Audiology (APPSPA)
- Illinois Speech Hearing Association Leadership Development Graduate 2020
- Preferred Provider through Apraxia Kids
- As a 6 year award recipient for ACE (Award for Continuing Education/ASHA)
Maria has completed training in: